What Is a Pawn Software Program/System?
Pawn software (or a 'program') is a computer application ('app') that installs on a PC or laptop and is used by pawn shops around the world to manage their businesses including POS. PPSS provides software for Australia, Belize, Canada, Germany, Ireland, Israel, Jamaica, Las Vegas, Mexico, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, South Africa, The Philippines and The United Kingdom (UK).
Pawnbroker Pawn Shop Software is a one-time payment with no annual or monthly prepaid support fees.
Prices of other programs are significantly higher and monthly or annual payments for 'support' are required. (Starting with the 2nd year there is a small annual payment of $150 for software maintenance - not to be confused with 'customer support'.)
Other programs that reside on websites are 'web based' in that they are installed on a remote computer and the shop must have an Internet connection and a web browser to access the program. A (high) endless ever-increasing monthly payment is required.
Cheapest Pawn Software
The 'cheapest' software costs the least up front and over time.
Most software vendors use their websites to hype their products while knowingly and willingly avoid disclosing cost. Assuredly failure to disclose prices and fees warns that the software is expensive way beyond reasonable cost.
For most software offerings the initial outlay is only the tip of the priceberg and will only be a fraction of the total cost over the time you expect to be in business.
While it may not be in your plan at the moment, the day may come when you decide to sell your business. It will be more attractive if the new owner won't be saddled with a huge annual expense for software.
Budget-minded shop owners will find the best bargain for competitive and reasonably-priced software and hardware in Pawnbroker Pawn Shop Software - marked down to moderate pricing with comparatively low-cost for software maintenance (updates).
Pawn Manager Software
Using software to manage a pawn shop operation has many advantages:
- Most importantly programs for managing pawns keep track of pawn transactions and all information related to pawns: pawners' identification and contact information, the items pawned, dates in and due, the periods or durations of the loans, fees (if any) and interest, and transaction or ticket numbers.
- More complete programs will also have provisions for buy outright (resale), check cashing, payday and title loans, layaways, rentals and military-lending compliance regulations.
- Apps generally print a variety of documents: pawn tickets, buy-outright agreements, price labels and hang tags, sales receipts, police reports, checks and reports for pawns, pawners, inventory, sales and disbursements.
- Typically programs use information (recorded in program setup) to avoid repetitious reentry of default information like shop information, date and currency formats, storage locations for pictures and documents, police/LEADS usernames and passwords, printers, label and tags settings, sales tax, pawn fees and interest, loan periods, legal terminology and shop terms (to be printed on documents).
- Management software can include conveniences like automatic notification of pawns coming due, the printing of pawn-due alerts, and allowance of editing any record's content for specific conditions and exceptions to default values.
- More advanced features include electronic gun logs and ATF requirements, fingerprint, signature and driver-license scanning (for populating a new-client record), picture taking and web-cam support.
- Some programs may only print on preprinted forms and loan agreements. In all states (except Florida) Pawnbroker Pawn Shop Software prints all documents on plain paper using a standard black/white ink printer, saving considerably on paper cost.
- With PPSS employees can be locked out of or granted access to any data. They can be prevented from voiding sales or granting discounts at POS. Each employee can have his or her own cash tray (till) which can be audited in real time. Commissions can be awarded, tracked and paid.
- A unique feature of Pawnbroker Software is an optional consignment module which allows managers to add to inventory at no cost - an attractive feature for new shops needing to stock shelves with merchandise. The system keeps track of items' owners, desired selling prices, lengths of times to hold items, the percentage to be paid to the consignor and consignee and what to do unsold items.