Software and Hardware for Jewelry Pawn
Pawnbroker Pawn Shop Software is specifically tailored for jewelry pawn.
The initial cost of PPSS is very low, in comparison, because the price is not padded with prepaymetn for support.
The ongoing cost is way less because there are no monthly or annual forced payments for 'support'.
It is not necessary to fly someone to your place of business to demonstrate the software. It's not that complicated. It's simple and it can be 'demonstrated' on your computer remotely by a licensed technician.
Every software vendor has the ongoing cost of maintaining a software program so in fairness there is an annual 'software maintenance of $175' starting with the second year. Of course, if the program is no longer in use, payments are not required.
Protection from Employee Theft
Pawnbroker Pawn Shop Software has built-in anti-theft measures to help prevent various forms of employee pilfering:
- Voiding a (cash) sale and pocketing the payment
...taking a cash payment, voiding the sale and lifting the proceeds
- Granting a discount at POS
...entering a discount (on a cash sale) at POS in the software - a discount that didn't actually take place. The customer pays $10, for example. The clerk enters a discount of $2 for a net sale of $8 and pockets $2.
- Shorting the till
A primary feature of the software is the auditing of any employee's till during or at the end of the day.
- Accessing and altering shop data
With Pawnbroker Pawn Shop Software each employee can be selectively denied or granted access to any part of the program and the store's data. The sections of the software are divided into Point of Sale, Back Office and Management.
- Point of Sale: Sales Work Area, Sales Reports, C and E Credit Sale, Void Sale, Credit Memo, Open Cash Drawer, Bounce Check, Give Discount
- Back Office: Inventory Work Area, Customer Work Area, Batch Entry, Batch Edit, Batch Delete, Inventory Reports, Customer Reports, Promotions, Categories, Backup Export
- Management: Pawner Work Area, Disbursements, Employee Work Area, Resources, Settlements Work Area, Batch Settlements
With these software features it becomes unnecessary, for purposes of using the software, to have different Windows users having to log in and out.
The program also allows for commissions to be tracked. Each employee can have his or her own commission schedule.