A software developer cannot or should not give legal advice to pawn shops. The owner of the pawn shop is responsible for know reporting requirements.
Provisions vary from one district to another:
- Some areas might require height to be entered as 6-0 while others might require 72 (for inches)
- Indentifying marks are usually things that can't be removed like tatoos and scars.
- Formats can vary ranging from spreadsheet and text files or PDF.
- Reports can be delivered to police in a variety of ways:
- Email them
- Printed reports handed to the police
- Uploaded to a reporting website
- The period of the report can be daily, weekly or monthly but usually 'frequently'
- Reports generally include the names of clients (pawns and buys), contact information and specific information about the transactions.
If information in a report is missing or is incorrect, close the report, edit the record to add or correct the information and reproduce the report.